During his legal career, Mr. Sosna has appeared in both state and federal courts, including the North Carolina Court of Appeals, North Carolina Superior and District Courts, the United States Bankruptcy Court, the United States District Court, and the United States Circuit Court. He has years of experience in domestic law, social security disability law, personal injury law, wills and estate law, employment/labor law, real property law, state and federal appellate practice, and criminal law.
Mr. Sosna began to focus his legal practice exclusively on bankruptcy law in 2002. Since that time, he has represented over a thousand clients in all varieties of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases, from the simple to complex, and he continues this active practice in the Sosna Law Offices PLLC.
Mr. Sosna is a member of North Carolina State Bar, North Carolina Bar Association, and NCBA Bankruptcy Section.
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois – Bachelor of Arts Degree, 1967
- St. Johns University Law School, Brooklyn, New York – Juris Doctor Degree, 1970
- Admitted to New York State Bar – February, 1971
- Admitted to North Carolina State Bar – February, 1979
- Hunts Point Legal Services, Bronx, New York – Staff Attorney, 1971 – 1972
- South Bronx Legal Services, Bronx, New York – Senior Staff Attorney, 1972-1973
- Morrisania Legal Services, Bronx, New York – Managing Attorney, 1973 – 1975
- O'Connor, Quinlan & Magnum, Long Island City, New York – private practice, 1975 – 1977
- North Central Legal Assistance, Henderson, North Carolina – Managing Attorney, 1977 – 1982
- Michael B. Sosna, Attorney at Law, Henderson, North Carolina – private practice, 1982 – 2001
- Perry & Associates, Rocky Mount, North Carolina – private practice, 2001 – 2006
- Craft, Levin, Abney & Sosna, Rocky Mount, North Carolina – private practice, 2006 - 2008
- Sosna Law Offices PLLC - private practice, 2008 - present
3031 Zebulon Rd
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
1111 Roanoke Avenue
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
304 West Sunset Street
Ahoskie, NC 27910